This visa allows the spouse or family members of international students studying in Australia to join them as a subsequent entrant in Australia.

How do I get this visa?

To qualify for this visa, you need to meet the Genuine Temporary Entrant (GTE) requirement. This ensures that you will use the visa as intended in your application, and not for any other motives. You also need to meet the Australian government’s health and character requirements.

Are there any other conditions?

The international student must declare all family members in their student visa application, even if not all of them will travel to Australia. If not, the applying family members will not be eligible for subsequent entry to Australia.

What is the application process?

You can apply online for this visa. You need to provide the following documents:

• Identity documents, such as a certified copy of your birth certificate, passport, or national ID card.


• Proof of your relationship - such as official birth certificates or marriage certificates - to the international student pursuing higher education in Australia.


• A copy of the main passport page of the international student.


• Proof of financial capacity.


If the applicant is under 18 years old, then a completed Form 1229 – Consent to Grant an Australian visa to a Child under the Age of 18 Years should be attached with the visa application.

Professional Year Program

A Professional Year Program is a structured professional development program combining formal learning and workplace experience for international students who have graduated from a university in Man in hardhat and vest surveys construction site Australia. Professional Year Programs run for 12 months and are currently available in the fields of accounting, computer science and engineering — Australian industries where the demand for skilled graduates is high.

Professional Year Programs are primarily designed for students wishing to apply for permanent residency in Australia. They allow students to develop industry-specific skills through study and work experience, preparing them for professional careers in the Australian workforce. The Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) only recognises Professional Year Programs that have been approved by the government (see below).

Why should you complete a Professional Year Program

Completing a Professional Year has a number of benefits:

You earn valuable work experience in an Australian company through an internship.

You are able to improve your understanding of the culture and practices within the Australian workplace.

You learn how to communicate in a professional manner within the Australian workplace.

You are eligible to receive five extra points on the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) ‘points test’ when applying for a Skilled Independent (subclass 189) visa.

Who is eligible for a Professional Year Program

You will need to have completed a degree in accounting, computer science or engineering (or a closely related area) in Australia. You must hold a Skilled — Graduate (Temporary) Visa (Subclass 485), which allows you to remain in Australia for 18 months after the completion of your degree. To be eligible for this visa you must be under 50 years of age, have completed an eligible qualification within the last six months as a result of at least two years of study in Australia and possess the skills and qualifications required for an occupation listed on the Skilled Occupation List.

Engineering graduates who completed their degree at a recognised institution outside Australia are also eligible to complete a Professional Year Program in engineering. They must apply for a Skilled — Recognised Graduate (Temporary) Visa (Subclass 476).

Happy Clients

What our clients say about us !

Book An Appointment